Jan. 4 - April 30
Wine entries will be accepted in our wine cellar 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Wine Competition Deadline for domestic entrieslThis ensures that wines will have approximately 30 days to settle before the wine competition.
International Wine Competition Deadline
May 18 & 19
Judging of all wine entries in the Sheraton Fairplex Hotel.
Competition Results will be posted on www.lawinecomp.com
Cheers - L.A.'s Wine, Spirits, Beer & Food Festival
A fundraising event to benefit the educational programs of The Learning Centers at Fairplex.
Sept 2 - Sept 25
Los Angeles County Fair - Display of all award winning wines, the tasting of gold medal wines and education seminars will take place in the Los Angeles International Wine, Beer & Spirits Marketplace, during the Los Angeles County Fair.
2015 International Guidelines
2015 International Customs Form - Italian
2015 Wine Transport from Italy
1. Determine the wine you wish to enter and complete entry form. Please fax entry form to (909) 865-4160 or e-mail email@example.com. $90 per entry.
2. ENTRY FEE – Entry fee must accompany entry form. Payment may be made by wire transfer or by credit card: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover or US check.
Wire Transfer Information:
Wells Fargo Bank - ACH/Wire Routing Number #: 121000248 - Swift #: WFBIUS6WFFX
Account #: General Account 4121-987788
Bank: Wells Fargo Bank, 420 Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA 94104
Beneficiary: Los Angeles County Fair Association dba: Fairplex
1101 W. McKinley Ave., Pomona, CA 91769 USA
Bank Representative Contact: Cynthia Boodt +1 (415) 222-3632
Reference: Wine Competition
3. SHIPPING: International wine and spirits will be received from now until April 30, 2016. Shipments will be received weekdays 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. All wines entered MUST BE SHIPPED PREPAID. All samples should be packed with the entry form on the inside and the name of the producer marked clearly on the outside. If shipping direct please contact Mark Newman, Accolade Brands, (818) 390-3888 Federal/TTB Import License # CA-I-15220. If you are in need of an importer or customs broker, firstname.lastname@example.org before shipping.
CONSIGNEE: ACCOLADE BRANDS
IN CARE OF: LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION
1101 W. MCKINLEY AVENUE
POMONA, CA 91768 USA
The Los Angeles International Wine Competition will acknowledge receipt of wine. The Los Angeles International Wine Competition is not responsible for any shipping or customs charges. International shipments of wine must be cleared by a licensed broker with applicable importing licenses. If you have an importer it is best to use your own importer.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS REQUIRE:
• TTB SAMPLE WAIVER (COLA WAIVER): All sample shipments to the US must be accompanied by a TTB Sample Waiver issued to a Federally Licensed Importer. The typical waiting time is five business days if all of the paperwork is in order. The Competition has contracted with Accolade Brands to perform this service for those wineries that do not have an importer. The fee for this service is stated below.
• REGISTERED FDA NUMBER: You must obtain a registration with the FDA for each winery.
http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceRegulation/FoodFacilityRegistration/default.htm You must file a Prior Notice with FDA online before shipping.
http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceRegulation/ImportsExports/Importing/default.htm. If you are unsure about filing the FDA Prior Notice the Competition has contracted with Accolade Brands to perform this service for those wineries that do not have an importer. The fee for this service is stated below.
If you do not have an importer, the Los Angeles International Wine Competition has made arrangements with Accolade Brands to clear shipments. If you would like to use Accolade Brands to clear shipment please contact Mary Ellen Cole, email or callcole@fairplex (909) 865-4231 before shipping. Payment for COLA WAIVERS must be prepaid by credit card or bank transfer to Accolade Brands. Your shipping documents should indicate that you will pay for all Customs Charges. If you do not properly designate that you will pay the customs fee, your customs fees must be paid by credit card or wire transfer within 72 hours from billing.
TTB COLA Waiver and Registration – 25 Euros per Winery, + 15 Euros per wine entry.
FDA Prior Notice – 25 Euros per Winery.
FDA Food Facility Registration - 75 Euros per Winery (this is only needed if you have not registered with the FDA)
FDA Agent Filing - 75 Euros per year per Winery. The permit is issued for 2 years.
Customs Charges, Taxes & Duty are to be paid by each producer.
Contact: Mark Newman Email: email@example.com Fax: 818.683.0413
Please complete a Proforma Invoice that includes the quantity, name of the wine, type of wine (white, red or varietal name), and the alcohol content. YOU MUST DESIGNATE THAT YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR ALL U.S. CUSTOMS CHARGES ON YOUR INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING DOCUMENTS OR AIRWAY BILL. Accolade Brands is not responsible for US Customs & Brokerage Charges and if this is not done properly, your shipment could be delayed until we receive payment for these charges. If the shipment is large enough for commercial airfreight, we must collect estimated tax, duty and customs charges in advance. The commercial value for samples is typically one Euro per bottle and this should be stated on a proforma invoice.
Option 1: Use FED EX or UPS. To be charged to your Fed Ex or UPS Account and to include the payment of all Customs Charges.
Option 2: Airline, Air Freight, or DHL. This is usually a more expensive option than UPS or FedEx.
• ALL BOTTLES: Must have a label affixed to the back of the bottle that contains the US Government Warning, the phrase “Contains Sulfites” and the phrase “Trade Samples – Not for Resale”. The words “Government Warning” must appear in capital letters and in bold type. The remainder of the statement may NOT appear in bold type. The statement MUST appear as a continuous paragraph. The statement reads as follows and should be 2mm to 3 mm in size:
GOVERNMENT WARNING: (1) ACCORDING TO THE SURGEON GENERAL, WOMEN SHOULD NOT DRINK ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES DURING PREGNANCY BECAUSE OF THE RISK OF BIRTH DEFECTS. (2) CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES IMPAIRS OUR ABILITY TO DRIVE A CAR OR OPERATE MACHINERY, AND MAY CAUSE HEALTH ROBLEMS.
Trade Samples – Not for Resale – Contains Sulfites
4. May 18 & 19, 2016 is the Los Angeles International Wine Competition.
5. June 1, 2016 competition results will be posted on www.lawinecomp.com. The Los Angeles International Wine Competition offers award seals for purchase.
6. Sept. 2 - 25, 2016 Los Angeles County Fair. Display of all award-winning wines, spirits and extra virgin olive oils, tasting of gold medal wines and education seminars in the Los Angeles International Wine Marketplace. Wine entered in the competition will become the property of the Los Angeles International Wine Competition.