Pomona Calif., March 6, 2013 – Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC), a nationwide, diversified, community-based financial services company, serving one in three households in the United States, sponsored the So Cal College Fair at Fairplex in Pomona, a free event open to all students and their families. The event was geared toward college- and tech school-bound students, and was designed to help students find answers to their admissions and tuition questions.
Students preparing for college can enroll in the CollegeSTEPS® program, a free online program that offers valuable tips on college preparation through electronic postcards. Other student resources include the Student Loan Selector Tool to find the loan that's the best fit for a student. The College Combo® includes money-management tools for college students such as:
- Wells Fargo College Checking® account with a Wells Fargo Debit Card to make deposits at any Wells Fargo ATM, make purchases anywhere Visa debits cards are accepted, and withdraw cash at any ATM.
- Wells Fargo College Visa Credit Card with credit education, low introductory rates, and no annual fee; builds credit and can be linked to provide Overdraft Protection.
- Wells Fargo® savings account – with My Savings Plan® to help students save for future goals.
- Free eligible savings account, with a Wells Fargo College Checking account. Earns interest and can be linked to provide Overdraft Protection.
- Free access to Wells Fargo Online® Banking, including the following FREE features:
- Monitor account activity
- Bill Pay with Wells Fargo College Checking
- Access account from a cell phone with Wells Fargo Mobile® Banking – receive transaction information on your cell phone or mobile device
- Online Statements and Check Images reduces the risk of identity theft and helps the environment by reducing paper
- My Money Map includes My Spending Report with Budget Watch ¯ a free, online money management tool that automatically tracks your Wells Fargo spending and deposit history.
- Set-up Account Alerts to monitor account balances and transactions automatically via email or text message
- Online money transfers are fast and safer than sending cash
- Direct Deposit from most major employers and schools, and financial aid
- Convenient Address Change feature
For more practical information about timelines, budgeting, and applying for financial aid online visit wellsfargo.com/student.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.4 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores, 12,000 ATMs, the Internet (wellsfargo.com), and has offices in more than 35 countries to support the bank’s customers who conduct business in the global economy. With more than 265,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 26 on Fortune’s 2012 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy all our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially.