Jun 22, 2013 - 23, 2013
Relay for Life of Pomona Location: Fairplex, Plaza of the States
In May 1985, Dr. Gordy Klatt walked and ran for 24 hours around a track in Tacoma, Washington, ultimately raising $27,000 to help the American Cancer Society fight the nation’s biggest health concern – cancer. A year later, 340 supporters joined the overnight event. Since those first steps, the Relay For Life movement has grown into a worldwide phenomenon, raising more than $4 billion to fight cancer.
- Organized, overnight community fundraising walk
- Teams of people camp out around a track
- Members of each team take turns walking around the track
- Food, games and activities provide entertainment and build camaraderie
- Family-friendly environment for the entire community
Because it’s a team event, individual participants are not required to be there the entire time. But it's so much fun, you'll find it hard to leave!
Parking at Gate 1
For more information, please visit http://www.relayforlife.org/index