Fairplex continually looks for ways to give back to our local communities in the areas of Community Service and Lifelong Learning. By building strong relationships with local business and other non-profits, we find areas to build greater synergy where the needs are greatest for our local residents.
Fair-Time Community Giving
Ways we will give at the LA County Fair in 2018
The LA County Fair is a great opportunity for Fairplex and its guests to give back. From food drives to blood donations, Fairplex works closely with our local partners to fulfill the needs of their communities. And as a thank-you to our guests for assisting us, they receive free admission to the Fair when they participate.
- Food Drives –Every Thursday of the Fair, each guest who donates five canned goods receives one free admission.
- School Supplies – Every Wednesday of the Fair, guests bring in five new, packaged school supplies and receive free admission that day.
- Blood Drives – Blood drives are held before and during the Fair. Each person who donates blood received one free any-day admission ticket to the Fair.
- Week for Heroes – Admission is just $2 for active & retired military, reserves, fire, police and paramedics with a valid military or government ID; and one guest, good one week during the Fair that is designated to celebrate real-life heroes.
- College Days at the Fair – Fairplex partners with over 15 colleges to host a special day at the Fair, bringing out students, faculty and staff to celebrate their special day with free and/or discount tickets to the Fair.
In addition to the donation drives and free admission offered for residents who participate during the fair, we also support our local neighbors and partner organizations by hosting events that align with our core values of community service and education. Fairplex employees volunteer their time, talent and treasure with several organizations and with Fairplex events themselves.
- Fairplex Employees volunteering and giving in the community
Annual no-cost events for our community
Highlights from The Learning Centers at Fairplex in 2015
- Students served at our Children’s Development Center (CDC)
- Students enrolled in free high school education classes in the fields of arts, media, design, culinary automotive, energy, hospitality and agriculture through our Career and Technical Education Center (CTEC) programs.
- Scholarship money awarded to our Jr. Fair Board students
- 149,000 students registered for a free educational experience through our FairKids Field Trips
- 10,000 fair volunteer hours
For more information, visit The Learning Centers at Fairplex.