Fair-Time Community Giving
Ways we will give at the LA County Fair in 2018
The LA County Fair is a great opportunity for Fairplex and its guests to give back. From food drives to blood donations, Fairplex works closely with our local partners to fulfill the needs of their communities. And as a thank-you to our guests for assisting us, they receive free admission to the Fair when they participate.
- Food Drives –Every Thursday of the Fair, each guest who donates five canned goods receives one free admission. Last year 18,000 People nourished, as guests of the LA County Fair donated 90,000 cans of food to the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank during Food Drive Thursdays, totaling 87 tons of food.
- School Supplies – Every Wednesday of the Fair, guests bring in five new, packaged school supplies and receive free admission that day. Last year 53,000 School Supplies collected Wednesdays at the Fair, with donations going to the Los Angeles Unified School District, the Inland Empire United Way, and surrounding school districts.
- Blood Drives – Blood drives are held before and during the Fair. Each person who donates blood received one free any-day admission ticket to the Fair. Last year 15,000+ lives touched through LA County Fair sponsored blood drives with partners City of Hope, Cedar-Sinai, American Red Cross, Huntington Hospital, Presbyterian InterCommunity Hospital, which resulted in more than 5,000 pints of blood donated.
- Week for Heroes – Admission is just $2 for active & retired military, reserves, fire, police and paramedics with a valid military or government ID; and one guest, good one week during the Fair that is designated to celebrate real-life heroes. Last year $12,000 donated to Vet Hunters and hundreds of active, reserve, retired military and first responders honored during the Fair's Week of Heroes.
- College Days at the Fair – Fairplex partners with over 15 colleges to host a special day at the Fair, bringing out students, faculty and staff to celebrate their special day with free and/or discount tickets to the Fair.
In addition to the donation drives and free admission offered for residents who participate during the fair, we also support our local neighbors and partner organizations by hosting events that align with our core values of community service and education. Fairplex employees volunteer their time, talent and treasure with several organizations and with Fairplex events themselves.
The Learning Centers at Fairplex