How to enter the Beer Competition
- Determine the beer you wish to enter
- Read Competition Rules and Information
- Note entry deadline and entry fee
- Determine Division and Categories
- Complete the entire entry form and mail in or utilize
- Deliver (1101 W. McKinley Ave. Pomona, CA 91768, enter
gate 1 off of McKinley Ave.) or ship items to arrive Tuesday, April 7 through Friday, April 10,
2020 between the hours of 9am and 4pm. See competition rules for additional information on
shipping and delivery.
- If you have any questions or require additional information
Entry Fee: Early bird entry $55.00 per entry postmarked on or before March 13, 2020 and
$65.00 per entry after March 13, 2020. Entry fee to be submitted with entry form. Make checks payable to
Entry Deadline: All entry forms due March 27, 2020.
General Requirements: Open to any licensed brewery or brewpub. All beers entered must be
available for sale to the general public. Beers may be entered only by a representative of the brewery.
Entry Requirements: Entries may be submitted in bottles, cans, or kegs with a minimum of
either six (6) bottles of less than 22 oz. or four (4) bottles of 22 oz. or more; or one keg with an
American Sanke fitting. Each beer may be entered in only one category. Breweries may enter as many
entries as they desire.
Early bird entry deadline. All entry forms must be postmarked no later than March 13, 2020 to receive
the early bird price
Beer competition entry deadline
April 7 – April 10
Beers received from 10am – 4pm; Tuesday, April 7, 2020 – Friday, April 10, 2020. Please see
Competition Rules for shipping and delivery instructions.
April - 18 & 19
April - 30
Results will be posted no later than April 30th.
September 4 - September 27
2020 LA County Fair. The tasting of gold medal wines, beer, spirits and extra virgin olive oils, and
education seminars will take place in the Los Angeles International Wine, Beer & Spirits Marketplace
during the LA County Fair.
Download Competition Rules PDF
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to any licensed brewery or brewpub. All beers entered must be available for sale to the
general public. Beers may be entered only by a representative of the brewery.
2. ENTRY FEE: Early bird entry $55.00 per entry postmarked on or before March 13, 2020. $65.00 per entry
after March 13, 2020. Entry fee to be submitted with entry form. Make checks payable to Fairplex.
3. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Entries may be submitted in bottles, cans, or kegs with a minimum of either six (6)
bottles of less than 22 oz. or four (4) bottles of 22 oz. or more; or one keg with an American Sanke
fitting. Each beer may be entered in only one category. Breweries may enter as many entries as they
4. LABEL REQUIREMENTS: Please ensure that each bottle/can/keg is labeled with your brewery name and beer
name. If a commercial label is already on your bottle/can/keg and the brewery name and beer name are
present then there is no need to add an additional label. Note: The judges will not see any
bottle/can/keg so there is no need to remove any commercial label. Additionally, there is no need to add
any additional information on your bottle/can/keg, as any special instructions etc. will be provided to
the judges in a separate document. Our competition labels are computer generated with the information
provided from your entry form. During the check in process we will match your entries to your entry form
and affix the competition label that includes the division and class information.
5. SHIPPING/DELIVERY: Beers will be received from Tuesday, April 7 – Friday, April 10, 2020. Shipments
or deliveries will be received from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. If shipping, all beers entered MUST BE SHIPPED
PREPAID. If delivering, please enter gate 1 off of McKinley Ave. Let the guard know you are delivering
for the beer competition and they will direct you back.
Los Angeles International Beer Competition
1101 W. McKinley Ave.
Pomona, CA 91768
6. GRAPHICS/LOGOS: All commercial labels should be left on any bottles or kegs entered. In addition, for
purposes of display, graphics in the form of posters, coasters, and signs may be submitted for a display
in the tasting area at the LA County Fair.
7. Even if it is marketed under different labels, NO BEER MAY BE ENTERED MORE THAN ONCE.
8. JUDGING: Beers will be judged against others of similar style as defined by Brewers Association style
guidelines. The judging will be held in closed sessions with BJCP certified judges present. All judging
will be blind. No judge may participate on a panel where they have an entry or where there may be the
appearance of a conflict of interest. All decisions of the judges are final
9. AWARDS: Three medals; Gold, Silver, and Bronze are possible in each category. In the event any category
receives insufficient entries, beers will be judged individually on their own merits. Awards for each
class may or may not be given. One Best of Show will be selected from all entries.
10. RETURN OF KEGS: Every effort will be made to return kegs promptly through local distributors. If other
arrangements are required (such as return by UPS), the brewery is responsible for any costs that may be
incurred. The LA County Fair Association and Fairplex will assume no liability for lost kegs.
11. STORAGE: Beers will be kept in cold storage (below 40°F) until time of judging. Beers may be chilled
(or allowed to warm); if there are specific instructions, please indicate on entry form.
12. We will establish additional classes or consolidate classes as warranted.
13. Beers entered in the competition will become the property of the Los Angeles International Beer
14. Any item shipped by mistake will not be returned and becomes the property of the Los Angeles
International Beer Competition.
2020 Entry Form Documents
Beer Competition Entry Form
Beer Competition Style Guidelines