How to Enter
$50.00 per entry. Entry deadline: Friday, February 15
One sample per entry
Determine the product(s) you wish to enter
Note entry deadline and entry fee
Determine Division and Categories
Complete the entire entry form and mail in or utilize the online entry
Deliver or ship items to arrive either Wednesday, February 19 or Thursday, February 20
between 9am and 4pm. Friday, February 21 deliveries are by appointment only. See
competition rules for additional information on shipping and delivery.
If you have any questions or require additional information please contact:
Information: This commercial competition is organized and run by Fairplex; download PDF.
Gold Medal 98 – 100pts: An outstanding product of superior character
Silver Medal 95 – 97pts: A very good product with special qualities
Bronze Medal 92 – 94pts: A well made product
Medals & Rules
1. All samples must meet the standards of the California State Food and Agriculture Code and
are subject to testing at the discretion of the Fair management and/or judges.
2. One sample must be submitted when in consumer size packages. One empty container of each
product is encouraged to be submitted when available for display purposes. (If empty
container is unavailable, please send additional sample for display.)
3. Samples for judging: Samples for judging must be delivered to the Dairy Products
Department located in Avalon on the Fairgrounds. Enter Gate 1 off McKinley Ave.
deliveries must be made on Wednesday, February 19 and Thursday, February 20, 2020
9am – 4pm. Samples may also be delivered on February 21 by appointment only.
must be prepaid and packed in a proper container with an adequate amount of proper
refrigerant (dry ice for ice cream and ice or “blue ice” for all others) to
insure samples are received at the proper temperature. Warning: Don’t short this!
Damaged or warm samples will not be judged.
4. If you are entering more than 10 samples, please call (909) 865-4043 for an appointment
time slot to deliver your samples.
5. Official results will be posted on this website no later than March 20, 2020 - Award
medlas will be mailed out no later than April 3, 2020.
6. Closed judging begins on Saturday, February 22, 2020.