A program of The Learning Centers at Fairplex, the Career & Technical Education Center (CTEC) provides semester-long career technical education courses as well as job acquisition training through the Career Center. There is no cost to high school participants and, with a partnership with San Antonio ROP, students receive hours that may be used for elective credits towards high school graduation.
How to Apply
- Visit the CTEC’s website, www.fairplex.com/tlcfairplex/programs/ctec
- Click on Career Tracks for an overview of each pathway.
- To view the current course schedule, click on How to Apply: Application PDF.
- To enroll in a course, download the Application PDF, complete the form and submit it to the CTEC office by email at CTECapps@fairplex.com or fax (909) 865-4080.
- You may apply online by clicking the Apply Now button (below).
- Once your application is received, we will confirm your enrollment via email and/or phone.
Spring 2019 Semester
- Jan. 14 First Day of Class
- Jan. 21 Martin Luther King Jr. Day - No Class
- Feb. 11 Lincoln's Birthday Observance - No Class
- Feb. 18 Washington's Birthday Observance - No Class
- Apr. 1 - 5 Spring Break
- May 23 Last Day of Class
Applicant must be at least 16 years of age and/or a junior and senior in high school to receive ROP CTE credits.
- Art, Media and Design
- Energy & Utilities
All courses are subject to change.
- Automotive 101 Beginning: Tuesday and Thursday 4:00pm - 6:30pm
- Automotive 102 Brakes & Systems: TBA
- Automotive 103 Engine Repair: Tuesday and Thursday 6:00pm - 8:30pm
- Automotive 104 Electrical Systems: TBA
- Ceramic Manufacturing I: Mondays & Wednesdays 3:30pm - 6:00pm
- Culinary I: TBA
- Fashion Design: Mondays & Wednesdays 4:00pm - 6:30pm
- Urban Farming: Mondays & Wednesdays 3:30pm - 6:00pm
- Water Distribution: Tuesday & Wednesday 3:00pm - 5:30pm
*Introduction to Welding Industry:Coming Soon.
Spring 2019 Application
Semester Overview PDF
Pathway Description PDF