CTEC provides semester-long career technical education courses as well as job acquisition training through the Career Center. There is no cost to high school participants and, with a partnership with San Antonio ROP, students receive hours that may be used for elective credits towards high school graduation.
Spring 2018 Semester Calendar:
January 16, 2018 – May 24, 2018
Classes are held on a Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday schedule.
Class not in session: February 12th, February 19th, April 2nd-5th
Registration Deadline: January 23, 2018
Summer 2018 Semester Calendar:
Automotive and Culinary Courses Schedule:
June 11, 2018 – July 19, 2018 (Class not in session: July 4th)
Classes are held on a Monday through Thursday.
Ceramic Manufacturing Course Schedule:
June 11, 2018- July 12, 2018 (Class not in session: July 4th)
Classes are held on a Monday through Friday.
Registration Deadline: June 11, 2018
How to Enroll:
- Applicant must be at least 16 years of age and/or a junior and senior in high school to receive ROP CTE credits.
- Application must be completed and signed by the applicant and parent/legal guardian before attending the first day of class.
- Applicants interested in the Automotive Beginning course, must complete and submit the CTEC application. The final stage of the application process requires a 15 minute enrollment meeting prior to class registration. The Automotive instructor will contact students via phone to schedule a meeting between January 15, 2018 and January 19, 2017.
- Visit the CTEC’s website, tlcfairplex.org/ctec/home
- Click on Career Tracks for an overview of each pathway.
- To view the current course schedule, click on the schedule tab.
- To enroll in a course, click on the application tab to print the application or apply online. Select the CTEC class you wish to enroll in and complete the student information section.
- Submit the completed application to the CTEC office.
- Once your application is received, we will confirm your enrollment via email and/or phone.
Summer 2018 Application
Click below to view or download: