FAIRKIDS FIELD TRIPS
Welcome to the World’s Largest Classroom! The LA County Fair invites you to discover something new around every
The FairKids Field Trip Program allows students and teachers to enjoy an interactive educational experience, or what
we call A Day Full of Learning Cleverly Disguised as Fun!
- It’s Free! There is no cost for students, teachers and chaperones – courtesy of The Learning Centers
- Opens at 9 a.m. (three hours before the public) for school children to participate in controlled fun and
Curriculum aligns with California State Department of Education standards. Free and current educational
curriculum will be posted soon so that you and your chaperones can easily educate students through our
self-guided tours of the LA County Fair.
- All LA County Fair exhibits aligned with California State Department of Education standards are open
during FairKids Field Trips.
- Curriculum is grade-level and subject specific so they fit easily into existing classroom goals and
- If you're looking to beat the crowd, the first week of FairKids has the lowest attendance
Limited Bus Funding Available
The Learning Centers at Fairplex is proud to offer Title 1 schools funding for transportation to the FairKids
Field Trip Program. For the application and guidelines click
*funding is processed in the order it is received
Encouraging Students to Read
The Read to Ride Program is a special reward program for students who read books over
the summer. Kids will receive free carnival ride vouchers good at the 2019 LA County Fair Carnival. *Note
Carnival rides will not be open during Field Trips. Rides do not open until 12:00pm.