Why be an Ambassador?
- Support educational programs and get involved in a wider community
- Share, learn or develop your skills
- Experience unique and exciting volunteer opportunities and perks
- Meet new people in a fun, engaging setting
- Fill a need in your community and feel valued
Become an Ambassador
Join one of our most rewarding programs of The Learning Centers at Fairplex — Become an Ambassador!
The Learning Centers at Fairplex is always seeking energetic, dependable volunteers to serve as Ambassadors who want to share their time and talents to help make TLC events memorable experiences for our guests. From the LA County Fair to our Year-Round events and programs, a commitment to the community is always a part of our mission and as a non-profit organization, The Learning Centers at Fairplex relies heavily on volunteers to promote and support its programs.
Volunteers age 18 and older are invited to participate in the Ambassador Volunteer Program. Ambassadors work in every facet of The Learning Centers at Fairplex, including art installers, field trip docents, information booth attendants among other positions. Ambassadors come from all walks of life – ranging from college students to retirees – we have opportunities for every age and ability.
Volunteers age 15 – 17 are invited to apply to participate in the Ambassador Volunteer Program through our Youth Ambassador application.
The Ambassador Volunteer Program offers unique and exciting volunteer opportunities for families. As an educational institution we know how important it is for families to work together for a better future for our children and our communities. Children as young as 8 years can volunteer with their registered TLC Ambassador parent(s)/guardian(s). From a one-time volunteer event to our year-round activities, family volunteering is always welcome at The Learning Centers at Fairplex.
Did you know we have a fully functioning art gallery on campus (Millard Sheets Art Center), what about a 5 acre working Farm, or that we participate in community events throughout the surrounding communities? Our campus is unique in the wide range of events and programs we have not only on but off campus as well, which gives your family the ability to volunteer in a variety of activities.
Benefits of family volunteering include:
- Helps children develop compassion and understanding for others.
- Allows children to feel appreciated and respected by taking ownership for an activity.
- Parents will demonstrated important values helping others while spending time with their children.
Studies show that children who volunteer are much more likely to continue as adults.
Start a new family tradition today and volunteer!
For more information, firstname.lastname@example.org
Group ApplicationThe Learning Centers at Fairplex is happy to offer meaningful group volunteer experiences. Whether it’s your friends, co-workers, or school group volunteering together is a great way to improve your relationships and bring people together. Groups are invited to participate in one time volunteer events, through large scale TLC and Fairplex events such as the LA County Fair or small personalized volunteer experiences. Whether you’re looking for a group activity for your conference or sorority we can assist you. Past group volunteer activities:
- The Farm at Fairplex – University of La Verne students planted seeds, transplanted seedlings, tilled the soil and harvested crops for the 2014 Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service
- Millard Sheets Art Center – The Association of College Unions International incorporated community service into their annual conference by completing a mural project.
- LA County Fair – every year the Inland Empire United Way organizes groups of community volunteers to collect school supplies at the gates of the Fair.
The Learning Centers at Fairplex provides easy access to meaningful corporate volunteer experiences. Corporate groups are invited to participate in one time volunteer events, through large scale TLC and Fairplex events such as the LA County Fair or small personalized volunteer experiences. Whether you’re looking for an activity for your corporate team building or somewhere your employees can support the local community, we can assist you.
Did you know we have a fully functioning art gallery on campus (Millard Sheets Art Center), what about a 5 acre working Farm? Our campus is unique in the wide range of events and programs we have not only on, but off campus as well, which gives your employees the ability to volunteer in a variety of activities.
Programs with Corporate Volunteer opportunities include:
- FairKids Field Trips Program
- Upland Lemon Festival
- LA County Fair
- The Farm at Fairplex
For more information on how to schedule your Corporate Volunteer experience please email email@example.com.